Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Me Party...

           A few years ago I went to see the newly released Muppet Movie (I am a Muppet fan!) mid way through the movie I burst with laughter at the scene where the leading female star along with Miss Piggy sang:
                  "I'm having a me party
                   A party by myself
                   A me party
                   I don't need nobody else
                   I'm having a me party
                   I'm the first and last to show
                   There's no one at this party that I don't already know."

    I thought how brilliant...the perfect ego song!  A me party is always happening when ones motivations are coming from a place that makes the "me" (personal I) feel better about itself.

   This can be sticky especially when we throw in the moral compass, virtues, doing the "right" thing, etc.. Check in and be honest with where the motivation is coming from and drop "The Me Party."

    Your mind will jump to justified...this is just anther thought hiding the truth. See "The Me Party" and you just may burst with laughter!

    Nothing external needs to change, it is from within that is required.... anew lens, the lens that has always been there.








No comments:

Post a Comment